The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the delivery to time, budget, and quality of delegated capital and revenue projects (projects), including project and programme management, cost and contract management, procurement management, quality management, health & safety and risk management in support of the Trust objectives. The projects will predominantly but not exclusively be located on the Trust hospital sites (John Radcliffe, Churchill, Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre and Horton Hospital), for example, the Trust may also deliver projects with other partners, on other hospital sites and within the community.
Working within an acute hospital environment, the Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the planning, monitoring and control of all aspects of one or more high value (up to £30 million) and complex capital and revenue projects.
The Senior Project Manager will use technical knowledge and experience to resolve project issues to ensure the successful delivery to the specified programme, cost, and quality standards.
The Senior Project Manager will deputise for the Programme Manager as necessary. In addition, the post holder will provide line management for one or more Project Managers and management of external appointed design and technical consultants.
Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest NHS teaching trusts in the country. It provides a wide range of general and specialist clinical services and is a base for medical education, training and research.
The Trust comprises four hospitals - the John Radcliffe Hospital, Churchill Hospital and Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre in Headington and the Horton General Hospital in Banbury.
Our values, standards and behaviours define the quality of clinical care we offer and the professional relationships we make with our patients, colleagues and the wider community. We call this Delivering Compassionate Excellence and its focus is on our values of compassion, respect, learning, delivery, improvement and excellence. These values put patients at the heart of what we do and underpin the quality healthcare we would like for ourselves or a member of our family. Watch how we set out to deliver compassionate excellence via the OUH YouTube channel.
- Educated to degree level in a construction related discipline, or with equivalent experience in a construction industry role
- Membership of a chartered institute in the construction industry (e.g. CIOB, RICS, CIBSE, ICE).
- Evidence of recent Continuing Professional Development.
- Significant experience of successful project management of high value (up to £30m) and complex construction projects
- Experience and knowledge of the whole design and construction process
- Proven experience to lead, plan, manage, interact with colleagues and deliver projects successfully in a spirit of cooperation
- Extensive post qualification experience at management level
- Experience as Contract Administrator for ECC/JCT forms of contract
- Knowledge and experience of one or more construction professional duties
- Good knowledge of Healthcare guidance, HTMs, HBNs and others industry specific guidance. To include in depth knowledge and understanding of the requirements of clinical and non clinical hospital departments and sound working knowledge of infection prevention and control as related to healthcare building design.
- Ability to plan and organise a broad range of multi-stranded and complex projects, plans and strategies, formulating and adjusting as required
- Ability to understand, interpret, advise on and implement published guidance and mandatory requirements with regards to healthcare buildings.
- Excellent analytical skills, able to review and interpret highly complex and sometimes conflicting information and data and translate into reports, scenarios, schedules of accommodation and specifications, presenting options and recommendations.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (both verbally and non-verbally), dealing with highly complex, sensitive or contentious information communicated to a wide range of individuals and groups at all levels internally and externally
- Negotiation, persuasion and motivational skills, able to gain co-operation at all levels. To include an ability to calmly resolve sensitive issues in a professional manner
- Computer literate with advanced keyboard skills and experienced in the use of Microsoft and other software packages for data analysis and report-writing.
- An ability to plan and think strategically
- An ability to identify and understand risks to a project(s)
- An ability to quickly analyse situations/issues and take decisive action, deal with project emergencies.
- An ability to work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to maintain a database of healthcare building design information
- Personal drive to work efficiently with the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders, service providers and business partners.
- Ability to train and teach others, facilitate development sessions and act as workplace mentor and general development of others
- Ability to lead at meetings e.g. Design Teams and User Groups and chair where necessary.
- Ability to work as effectively alone under ones own initiate and as a team member.
- Adaptable and imaginative.
- Innovative and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work under pressure demonstrating the need to react to situations.
- Be physically fit and able to work at height
- APM Project Management, Project Professional or Practitioner Qualification (PPQ or PQ) or RICS Construction Project Manager / Surveyor.
- Leadership and management qualification (e.g. CMI Level 5).
- Qualified in a recognised H&S qualification
- Working with NHS capital procurement to include equipping and commissioning.
- Previous NHS and/ or healthcare sector experience (preferably in an acute hospital), an understanding of NHS Estates Terminology/ procedures
- Knowledge of both JCT and NEC forms of contract.
- Knowledge and experience of construction law
- A good understanding of the current and changing NHS environment
- Microsoft project specifically or other project management tools.
- Knowledge and experience of ADB software.
- Knowledge and experience of developing schedules of accommodation
- Development and writing of business cases
Applicants will be asked to attend a Values Based Interview as well as attend an interview where a presentation will be required. Please apply directly at https://www.ouh.nhs.uk/working-for-us/jobs/?_ts=1#!/job/v5155009 Job Ref 321-EP-4997128-8b-A