Store assistant HMP Garth
- Hays Building
- Leyland, Lancashire
- Up to £11.60 per hour
- Closing date
- 22 Mar 2023
- Job position
- Contract Type
- Temporary / Contract
- Full Time
- Job Function
Stores Person - £11.60 p/h Monday - Friday
Your new company
As the sole agency supplier to the HM Prison Service for the provision of maintenance trades and support operatives. Hays is seeking to recruit a Storesperson for HMP Garth. This is an exciting opportunity to work within the prison service and can often lead to permanent opportunities.
The post is full time (39 hours per week) Hours worked: Monday - Thursday 07:45am - 16:45pm, Friday working 07:45am - 15:45pm with 1 hour unpaid break.
Your new role
You will be responsible for:
- Issue required stock to prisoners (clothing etc.) on request and in a timely manner.
- Prisoner facing role. Will involve heavy lifting.
- Carry out regular checks on stock to ensure levels are not running low.
- Keep the Stores in a good state of cleanliness and tidiness at all times.
- Pack and send any items that need to be sent by courier to ensure safe delivery.
- Ensure that good records are kept of stock and track stock issued to prisoners.
- Collect any items locally as and when required.
You will be flexibly deployed to provide a range of other support service activities within the maintenance team as and when required. This is an operational support job with no line management responsibilities.
What you'll need to succeed
- You must be able to pass a full prison security clearance and enhanced DBS (if required)
- (Hays and the MOJ are responsible for organising all security clearances and DBS')
- You must hold a valid passport or Full Birth Certificate & Photo Driving Licence in your current address.
- You must have proof of National Insurance AND proof of address dated in the past 3 months.
All applicants must be able to provide details of at least 3 years satisfactory references.
What you'll get in return
You will in return have a guaranteed point of contact throughout the vetting and application process and weekly payment on submission of an approved timesheet. You will have the opportunity to gain experience in a prison environment which will enhance your chances of gaining permanent employment with the MOJ direct. You must be proactive in your applications for the MOJ.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Hays Construction and Property consultants have unparalleled recruiting expertise and an in-depth knowledge of the UK jobs market.
We are fully committed to finding job seekers the right job for the right reason. We place building specialists into every kind of position, including building, construction, architectural, project management, surveying and engineering jobs.
Our expert consultants offer a personalised recruitment service and will give you careers advice to ensure that you achieve your work ambitions.
Visit hays.co.uk for more information.
Apply for Store assistant HMP Garth
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert