Senior Planner - Construction - Negotiable Salary
Your new company
One of the UK's leading contractors with over a 100 years of experience. Operating across the UK in a number of sectors including: Construction, Residential, Fit Out, Maintenance and Engineering
Your new role
Senior Planner required with the primary focus of this role will be to provide an effective and professional planning and programming service for pre-contract and project teams which is recognised as such by the contractor, clients and consultants.
- Clearly establish the company has the experience and resources to carry out the project successfully
- Identify the advantages for the client and client's team if they are awarded the contract
- Demonstrate a full understanding of the project and client needs and assess viable alternatives that could give them a competitive advantage.
- Accurately assess site preliminaries including cost of scaffolding, major plants, temporary electrics etc.
- Obtain programme advice from key trade contractors/supplier.
- Ensure the project team are fully briefed and issued with copied of Tender plan and Programme at Estimator's handover meeting.
What you'll need to succeed
Strong knowledge of the construction business, methods and technology along with an understanding of planning techniques, the tender process and Asta Powerproject planning software.
You will need to be an effective communicator with skills in project management, document and tender preparation as well as an understanding of risk management techniques and value creation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.