Your new company
You will join a quickly-growing housing association with properties all over the West Midlands
Your new role
We are looking for a mobile multi-tradesperson responsible for diagnosing and completing a broad range of 'right first time' responsive repairs and planned property maintenance works, across a social housing organisation of occupied and void homes.
* Ensuring all works are completed in compliance with current building / construction regulations and legislative requirements.
* Ensuring all works are conducted in compliance with current health & safety legislation, with method statements and risk assessments undertaken where appropriate.
* Meeting or exceeding all KPIs including (but not limited to) customer satisfaction scores, productivity levels, quality of work, 'right first time', recalls and appointments kept.
* Ensuring efficient procurement of any material items from our partnering suppliers.
* Ensuring your vehicle is clean and maintained as required.
* Participating in the delivery of an effective out of hours emergency repair service on a rota basis.
What you'll need to succeed
* Achieved a minimum of grade C GCSE in English & Mathematics or able to demonstrate an equivalent level of ability.
* Holds a recognised building related qualification in at least one trade and able demonstrate competency in others.
* Holds a current full manual driving license.
* Experience of applying a broad range of multi-trade skills in addition to expertise in a primary trade - having applied these in a property maintenance or repairs context. These may include, but aren't limited to plastering, tiling, plumbing, carpentry, glazing, groundworks and fencing.
* Practical experience in operating hand tools and light machinery.
* Understanding of IT packages including Microsoft Office, in addition to the functionality and use of mobile devices including smart phones and tablets.
* Strong knowledge of relevant quality standards and building regulations.
* Strong knowledge of relevant Health & Safety laws and practices.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or Paige us now on 0121 212 2086.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.