Assistant Contracts Manager - Permanent - Leicestershire - Contractor
Your new company
You'll be joining a well established sub contractor, who are an accredited specialist in their field. Within the space of 25 years, this company has grown to be a a market leading specialist at providing fit out protection. The company offer services ranging from Intumescent painting, firestopping, air and acoustic sealing and also fire surveys. Based out of their East Midlands region the company works with clients spreading throughout the UK.
Your new role
- Help the contracts team in the management of sites and site teams on an on-going basis across the UK mainly in the Midlands, assist in ensuring that works on site comply with correct installation specification and good working practises and that records are accurate and robust
- Work closely with and give feedback from sites to commercial end contracts administration team.
- Record feedback from sites to help ensure all necessary information is fed back to the office so robust applications are submitted and the company can recover all appropriate costs
- If necessary, attend pre-start meetings (with contracts managers) and/or attend sites before works commence to review logistics of proposed site activities including access, distribution, sequence, interface with other trades etc.
- If or when required attend site to view variation works so variations can be priced and set up
- Be open and honest with cur clients and ensure that communication is maintained at all levels
- Assess projects as required and offer additional company services if possible
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful, you will have previous experience within construction, and ideally have worked with a main or sub-contractor. Mechanical and electrical experience will also be desirable. You will also have good working knowledge of cost control, risk management and design management. In addition, you will hold a CSCS card, SMSTS and be educated to HNC/HND/degree-level (or experience equivalent). You will also have strong IT skills being fully competent in all Microsoft software, especially Excel. Finally, you will have excellent people management and interpersonal skills.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive a salary of up to £42,000, Company car (£5000 car allowance p.a.), 16% Annual Salary Bonus (paid end of year), 28 days holiday. Along with this attractive package, you will have the opportunity to progress to a contracts manager.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.