Established local Health & Safety consultancy have an opportunity for a HSE Advisor on contract basis.
Your new company
We are delighted to be working with a recently established Health and Safety consultancy which was formed over 5 years ago by one of the leading Health and Safety experts in Northern Ireland. This practice have gone from strength to strength over recent years of the back of securing business with some of NI and ROI's largest public bodies and well known private sector businesses in the construction and manufacturing sectors. Due to ongoing success they are seeking a HSE Advisor to assist them on a contract basis.
Your new role
This is a contract role for a duration of c.3-6 months. Working full time hour, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. The business is based in Banbridge but you will be required to attend clients sites and have the option to work from home as necessary.
As a Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor you will be responsible for delivering Health, Safety and Environmental advice to our expanding client base. You will carry out varied site inspections and audits and compile project documentation providing a high-quality service to our clients. You will be responsible for ensuring the aim and objectives of the company are met.
As a Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor you must have a strong eye for detail and be an effective team player. Key Responsibilities In this dynamic role your duties will include:
- Provide advisory support to the Managing Director on a daily basis.
- Provide Health, Safety & Environmental support to Clients and be available to work from various locations
- To provide advice and communicate Health, Safety, Environment policies, procedures and standards ensuring that all legislation, directives, procedures, and specifications are being met across our client base.
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation
- Undertake and provide advice to clients to assist in the development, management, implementation and monitoring of their management systems
- Ensure that all personnel are aware of their statutory duties and responsibilities, and to provide advice as and when required.
- Review, support and prepare required Risk assessment and methods statements
- Support project function with reviews, RAMS and advise on Construction, design, and process management
- Ensure Inspections and Audits of sites and workplaces to determine whether work is being carried out in accordance with Company Policy, Procedures, and the relevant Statutory Provisions
- Assist in the preparation, implementation, and delivery of training and briefings as required
- Inspections, tours and Audits of client sites to include monitoring and tracking
- Assist in the preparation & review of project SHEQ documents
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally you will meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of a 3rd level qualification in a safety related subject or equivalent e.g., NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Chartered member of IOSH or the ability to demonstrate significant work towards it
- A minimum of 2 years' experience of working in multi-site environment organisation in the Safety, Health and Environmental Management auditing role against ISO 45001
- Demonstrate experience of devising and managing appropriate Safety, Health and Environment inspection processes
- Experience of devising, implementing and delivering Health & Safety training
- Experience of carrying out accident and incident investigations and producing reports and recommendations to reduce costs of accidents
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Organisational and Time Management Skills
- IT literate in Microsoft Office Suite
- Full driving licence
What you'll get in return
This is a superb opportunity to work with a highly qualified and respected team of H&S professionals where you will advise a range of clients from small local businesses to large public bodies.
The salary will be in the range of £33,000 - £35,000 pro rata plus paid annual leave and public holidays. All business mileage will be reimbursed.
You will be paid weekly via BACS transfer every Friday morning.
Working via Hays Specialist Recruitment means you will also allow you access to many additional benefits such retailer discounts with Tesco, Sainsburys, Nike, ASOS and many more. You will also gain free access to Hays My Learning platform for free training courses covering multi business sectors.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.