Assistant Quantity Surveyor job
Your new company
Assistant Quantity Surveyor role to join a leading provider of Social Housing responsive and planned repairs maintenance contracts in the Sussex area. The role is predominately office based assisting the site and project surveyors in the development and implementation of all pre and post contract strategies, commercial functions and contract reporting.
Your new role
- Pre and post contract work
- Subcontractor procurement and sub-contractor documentation
- Building up client quotations, using NHF schedule of rates
- Producing and submitting interim and final accounts to the client.
- Evaluating and certifying Sub-contractor payments
- Production and issue of client invoices.
- Reporting back progress to senior manager
- Attending departmental meetings
What you'll need to succeed
Experience of working within Housing Maintenance
Ideally, familiar with the NHF schedule of rates for repairs, installations and other minor works (although training can be given).
Previous use of QS computer packages (although training will be given on specific packages ).
Good communication skills
To have a good work ethic and the ability to work flexibly, independently and as part of team.
What you'll get in return
- Salary £30-38k + 4k car
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays
- Private Healthcare + Medical Insurance
- 8% pension contribution from company
- All employees enrolled in new Profit Share Bonus Scheme
- Flexible working where agreed with line manager
- Extensive benefits and discount portal
- Enhanced maternity & paternity leave
- Access to wide range of training and development courses
- Working with one of the country's leading providers of social housing maintenance
- Working at a company where everyone belongs, and difference and diversity welcomed.
- Working with a company committed Zero Waste, and Zero Carbon, in their operations and Positive Nature Enhancement. Who are taking a leading role in reducing our industry's environmental impact.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.