Groundworks / New Build Site Manager
You will be responsible for delivering new build and refurbishment projects in the built environment and an ability to co-ordinate and manage all site-based work streams on their own accord in-line with the Programme of Works and with the guidance of our Project Management team.
Your new role
Working in partnership with the Project and Site Management teams your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
* Manage the site-based contractors in carrying out projects in an effective and efficient manner
* Ensure that all pre-contract planning is carried out on site including method statements, contract program and site layout
* Be responsible for the health and safety on site in conjunction with the H&S Advisor
* Report efficiently to the Project Management team in a clear and productive manner
* Be able to solve problems as and when they arise with the guidance of the Project Management team
* Arrange and chair daily briefings with all site-based contractors
* Ensure all technical information is adhered to on site including specifications and drawings
* Maintain sufficient information to enable the progress of actions
* Prepare internal progress reports/audits
* Oversee the day to day management of the site-based contractors
* Provide support and mentoring to site-based supervisors and labourers
* Recommend improvements to existing systems or procedures as appropriate
* Monitor the quality of work to ensure that all works comply with the relevant standards
What you'll need to succeed
- First Aid at Work and
- CSCS management card.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.