Relocate to Australia and join a company creating a sustainable future with clean energy!
Your new company
A leading renewable energy company with a strong pipeline of new and current projects.
Your new role
Accountable for the progression of assigned opportunities and development projects through all phases including: opportunity identification, qualification (or due diligence) and definition; pre-feasibility; feasibility; and financial close.
- For assigned opportunities and projects, plan and manage opportunity identification, qualification (or due diligence) and definition; pre-feasibility; feasibility; and financial close activities.
- Conduct the following major activities, from opportunity identification to financial close, iteratively and cumulatively in a manner that best optimises use of resources, reduces uncertainty and risk, and maximises project value:
- Opportunity definition including the integration of market outlook, reforms and rules, support for financial analyses & modelling, and development of project business cases.
- Identification, qualification and monitoring of resource sites
- Identification, structuring, negotiation, firming and closing of offtake contracts, IWCs and other required contracts.
- Evaluation of alternatives, concept selection, and FEED
- DSOC application or expansion
- Securing development approvals and regulatory consents
- Engagement with key stakeholders - landowners, shires and communities - in projects under development.
- Community Engagement
- EPC and O&M procurement including tender specification and evaluation
- Support for investment case, funding activities and due diligence reports required for financial close
- Pre-construction planning and mobilisation
- Understand and integrate lessons from past projects and existing asset(s) into opportunities and projects under development.
- Create and manage project development estimates, budgets and costs.
- Manage documents relating to all project development activities.
What you'll need to succeed
- Extensive experience in project development or management, or renewable energy.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate grid processes including applying for, negotiating and securing network access.
- Experience in obtaining planning and regulatory approvals required for a renewable project including clearing permits and environmental protection permits.
- Experience with National (in your country) energy regulations and knowledge of the electricity market advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience of negotiating and securing offtake contracts.
- Strong commercial acumen, with good contract management and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of financial close of medium to large scale projects.
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills with experience in project valuation.
- Excellent technical risk management knowledge and skills.
- Strategic thinking, goal oriented, prioritisation skills and ability to plan, execute and deliver a project.
- Excellent influencing, persuasion and presentation skills, a good networker and negotiator.
- Ability to build positive relationships with stakeholders.
What you'll get in return
The successful candidate will join a very reputable renewable energy developer working on a range of exciting renewable projects in Western Australia. Wide company benefits and a competitive salary with relocation to Australia is also on offer. Interviews with be conducted remotely.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.