SHEQ Manager - Permanent - Manufacturing - Stockport
I am currently working with a well established manufacturing company who are part of a wider group and have a global presence and distribute worldwide, mainly across the USA and Europe. This company have an excellent culture and are proud that many of their employees are long standing. With some big name companies as their customers, this is an excellent opportunity for an experienced SHEQ professional to join a stable and forward thinking organisation.
Reporting into the Operations Manager, this is a standalone role where the purpose is to support and advise the business on all aspects with regards to SHEQ. This is a hands on position and you will need to maintain a strong presence on the factory floor whilst building lasting relationships with colleagues at all levels. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Sustain and drive improvements to adhere to ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001
- Develop, maintain and administer effective SHEQ policies and procedures
- Ensure full and accurate training records are maintained
- Drive an excellent behavioural safety culture on the factory floor
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments
- Establish a full programme of H&S inspections, audits and checks
- Lead on SHEQ initiatives across all areas of the business
- Work closely with and partner with Team Leaders
- Provide H&S briefings and toolbox talks to staff regularly
- Manage and develop customer complaints process where relevant
To be considered for this role you must have previous experience in a Health & Safety role specifically within manufacturing and hold NEBOSH as a minimum. You must have a broad working knowledge of SHEQ compliance and regulations and have strong technical reporting writing skills. Experience with ISO 9001, 45001 and 14001. Experience and competency in lean techniques is desirable.
This is a full time, permanent position with flexible start and finish times available and the potential for full flexible working in the new year. Extremely competitive bonus paid annually along with 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, healthcare cashback scheme, pension and a wellbeing incentive.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.