Your new company
This client is a well established Housing Association and form part of the G15. The offer general needs homes, and in addition a wide range of housing, including key worker, shared ownership and specialist accommodation including a women's refuge, housing for people with learning and physical disabilities, and a hostel for ex-offenders.
Over the course of the lockdown period, like most HA's they were quite restricted in be able to offer a full repairs service, but what it allowed them to do was to assess how they work, what can be done in the office and from what can be done remotely. As a result they offer a hybrid working environment which only requires you to be in the office 2 days a week, working from home the rest of the time, unless out surveying properties.
Due to increased demand within the team, they are now looking for a maintenance surveyor to work within their property team on a 12 month FTC, working across their portfolio within the 2 regions of London.
Your new role
As part of the role as maintenance surveyor, you will be tasked with the following; responsible for pre/post-inspection and reports for responsive repairs, void works, and cyclical repairs within the relevant area of operation, consulting and engaging with customers, leaseholders and with internal and external stakeholders in the region. Effectively managing the performance and on site progress of contractors ensuring that works are delivered on time, to a regional budget of £10m, to quality standards and achieve value for money in line with all relevant statutory regulations and compliance.
- Deliver an effective & efficient Repairs & Maintenance service at an operational level to include a regionally based professional surveying service, disrepair works, Major/Complex Works, FRA, responsive repairs, voids and aids and adaptations.
- Prepare and carry out diagnostic inspections, surveys & technical reports in accordance with practice. Providing accurate technical advice with competent & thorough surveys/post-inspections.
- Identifies and manages insurance claims ensuring most economically advantageous outcome for the organisation. To include, property inspections, managing decants, liaising with loss adjusters/insurance team.
- Technical lead within the Housing team during the handover of any new developments to ensure quality control through to completion and the end of defects.
- Effective and efficiently control budgetary spend of approx. £2m within individual area of operation, ensuring revenue and capital spend are recorded accurately. Review invoices and requests for payment from contractors, challenge and resolve submissions where required.
- Ensure effective liaison with in-house service provider, M&E contractors, and external sub-contractor staff to ensure the delivery of a top quartile service in line with industry standards, schedule of Rates, operational regulatory framework, health & safety (including asbestos)
- Management and coordination of empty properties to ensure minimal rental loss and maximum return. Carry out major void inspections, ensuring void works are completed to lettable standard
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be considered for this role you will need to have
- Diploma in Surveying, Property and Maintenance Level 3
- Membership of a relevant professional body e.g. RICS or CIOB
- Knowledge of the Social Housing Sector and awareness of its regulations
- A demonstrable knowledge of building construction, building standards, planning regulations, regulatory standards, health & safety, and other legislation relevant to asset management.
- Knowledge of effective professional surveying service for responsive repairs, voids and aids and adaptations to high levels of customer satisfaction
- Effective liaison skills with staff, residents, service providers, contractors, and consultants
- Management of small projects and an understanding of CDMC
What you'll get in return
The successful candidate will receive a salary of up to £43k for the 12 month fixed term contract
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Andrew Dique now on 020 8464 6678. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.