Project Manager - Leeds
The Transpennine Route Upgrade (TRU) is a major, multi-billion-pound programme of railway improvements which will bring better journeys to passengers travelling across the Pennines between Manchester, Huddersfield, Leeds and York.
Do you want to be part of this prestigious rail project and help the UK with its levelling up agenda?
This role will support the delivery of a Multi-discipline electrification delivery scheme between Dewsbury & Leeds. The individual will work across the Alliance organisations within Network Rail.
Managing a team of SPM's, the role requires significant delivery experience, integrating with the contractors and designers, as well as fronting external stakeholder management with the Sponsors & Operators. The individuals will ensure compliance with the NR delivery standards such as DWWP.
Support the Network Rail Project Management Team during the delivery of this complex programme in a safe & environmentally responsible manner. Delivering to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Governance of Railway Investment Projects (GRIP) and PACE, including all applicable Network Rail company standards, current legislation and procedures including Her Majesty's Railway Inspectorate (HMRI) guidance where appropriate. The team will be embedded within the Alliance providing both a Network Rail (Owner Participant-OP) & Integration Function.
* Responsible for providing a clear vision and team direction by leading a high-performing team through the effective management, development and empowerment of staff.
* Establish and maintain a good, professional and pro-active working relationship with the Contractor/Delivery partner's project management team where applicable to ensure delivery of intended business benefits.
* Within agreed authority levels, negotiate, procure and authorise all project contracts and variations and approve and authorise all payment to meet value for money criteria.
* Responsible for providing effective performance and development management responsibilities for any direct reports, with regards to appraisals and performance management, (such that poor performance is clearly identified and addressed and good performance is recognised and rewarded).
* Agree major project requirements with the Project Sponsor / Contract Manager to ensure that business objectives are met.
* Methodology and governance structures to ensure delivery of intended business benefits.
* Identify and manage any interfaces and dependencies between the assigned project and other ongoing network activities/projects.
* Prepare and manage a project implementation plan, including responsibility matrix, detailed programmes and cost and resource plans.
* Responsible for the day-to-day management of project governance, reporting and control structures, with issues, risks and decisions escalated through the agreed current Governance arrangements as appropriate.
* Responsible for compliance with relevant health and safety legislation and contributing to the Health and Safety culture, resolving arising issues or escalating as appropriate and ensuring safe delivery in line with the corporate safety vision.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.