Senior Environmental Consultant -EIA
Your new company
One of the world's most respected design, engineering and project
management consultancies, with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Your new role
We are looking for an EIA consultant with experience in the delivery of Transport EIAs/DCOs. This is an
excellent career development opportunity for a candidate looking to progress their career to the next level
in a fast paced and exciting industry. You will join a team of over 30 EIA, environmental and sustainability
coordinators located across the UK supporting key clients including Network Rail, Highways England,
Local Authorities, HS2, Transport for London, and Thames Water. There will also be opportunity to work
on international projects for a diverse array of public and private clients. The successful applicant should
be stimulated by fresh challenges and seek to surmount them in a practical way.
You will work collaboratively with a range of technical specialists on a broad range of projects, help to
coordinate EIAs, develop Environmental Management Plans and undertake environmental auditing for the
design and construction phases of projects. There are also opportunities to work on sustainability projects
being championed by our business. The successful candidate will be educated to degree level in an
environmental or related science discipline and have a broad understanding of all the technical
specialisms required in environmental management of major projects.
We offer ongoing career development through a portfolio of training and development activities and
mentoring support designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents.
Champion high standards of environmental performance within multidisciplinary
engineering projects, influencing project development and delivering optimal environmental
Lead on the coordination and delivery of environmental and sustainability work being
undertaken by multi-disciplinary teams including EIA, options appraisals and environmental
Support the team in implementing digital tools within environmental assessment and
Competently undertake own work to an excellent standard, and review the work of others,
on time and to budget.
Work as part of a project team to influence project development to deliver optimal
environmental and sustainability outcomes.
* Able to manage clients' needs in a confident, professional manner.
* Support on bid preparation and business development as required.
What you'll need to succeed
Degree or Masters in an environmental or science subject.
* Experience in delivery of Transport EIAs/DCOs.
* Good knowledge of the EIA process and environmental technical specialisms, including
GRIP/PACE and/or DMRB.
* Strong report writing, verbal and presentation skills.
* Good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate issues and ideas effectively.
Be flexible, adaptable and prepared to take on new challenges and work from other the company
or client office locations.
* Be highly self-motivated, possessing strong enthusiasm and commitment to delivering
What you'll get in return
Part-time and/or flexible hours contracts.
* Paid overtime and/or TOIL system.
* Competitive salaries and a huge range of other benefits.
* 25 days annual leave, plus paid bank holidays, plus the ability to buy up to 15 extra days!
* Paid professional memberships and individual training budgets.
* Paid for individual I-phone and use of team I-pad's for work purposes.
* Tailored training and mentoring schemes to advance your career.
* And so much more…
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.