A Tier 1 Solutions partner is on the look out for a experienced Commercial Manager.
About the employer:
Tier 1 solutions partner in the water sector. over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as themselves and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances such as with Thames Water.
What will you be doing as our new Commercial Manager?
Passionate about enhancing working processes and business outputs, you'll drive an out performance culture across Commercial, Finance, Estimating, Procurement and Programme Management by managing and controlling all commercial activities throughout a project lifecycle. Not only will you drive tangible business improvements, you'll also instil positive commercial behaviours and leadership throughout the business ensuring we operate as efficiently as possible with the customer's best interest always at heart. Key responsibilities:
- Ensure high standards of contract management with the client and supply chain are achieved by implementing and maintaining robust and lean processes and approaches.
- Proactively manage Thames Water's project governance by effectively managing change, risk and opportunities through your team.
- Build positive relationships with the Thames Water supply chain by promoting incentivised outperformance and clarity in contractual liabilities and obligations.
- Report on monthly expenditure forecasting, risk and opportunity management and TOTEX commercial performance on a project-by-project basis.
- Play a proactive and pivotal role in easing the burden on construction teams by ensuring projects meet and exceed Delivery Milestones deliverables and deadlines in a safe and efficient fashion.
- Transform the commercial process by developing automated reporting and challenging the current ways of working by encouraging and embracing a culture of outperformance.
- Play an active part in the team's and individual's development and embrace succession planning and career development to enhance the overall capabilities of the business.
To be considered for this critical position as a commercial manager, you'll be experienced in managing large commercial teams delivering project programmes in excess of £50m per annum whilst working for a Principle Contractor. With in-depth commercial and financial process & systems understanding (preferably in a contracting and construction environment) you'll also be an expert in managing NEC3, PSC and ECC contracts with clients and supply chains with an emphasis on Option C.
With a track-record of developing best practices, you'll be viewed as a motivational leader who is able to explain and relay complex information and high-level strategies and bring people along on the journey. Operating with integrity and accountability, the business will look to you as a Commercial subject matter expert who embraces collaboration, new ideas and team development.
What they offer:
Packages include -
- A competitive salary
- Hybrid Working
- Car/car allowance (subject to role and level of position)
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
- Contribution Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Insurance
- Private medical Insurance
- And many more benefits including - cycle to work scheme, discounts and savings Hub, kids pass etc
We are signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world. We also support Mates in Mind which is a charitable programme to improve and promote positive mental health in the workplace.