Commercial Manager Wanted!
Your new company
An integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water sector. Having over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks. The goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Your new role
Passionate about enhancing working processes and business outputs, you'll drive an out-performance culture across Commercial, Finance, Estimating, Procurement and Programme Management by managing and controlling all commercial activities throughout a project lifecycle.
Not only will you drive tangible business improvements, you'll also instil positive commercial behaviours and leadership throughout the business ensuring we operate as efficiently as possible with the customer's best interest always at heart.
- Ensure high standards of contract management with the client and supply chain are achieved by implementing and maintaining robust and lean processes and approaches.
- Proactively manage project governance by effectively managing change, risk and opportunities through your team.
- Report on monthly expenditure forecasting, risk and opportunity management and TOTEX commercial performance on a project-by-project basis.
- Play a proactive and pivotal role in easing the burden on construction teams by ensuring projects meet and exceed Delivery Milestones deliverables and deadlines in a safe and efficient fashion.
- Transform the commercial process by developing automated reporting and challenging the current ways of working by encouraging and embracing a culture of out-performance.
- Play an active part in the team's and individual's development and embrace succession planning and career development to enhance the overall capabilities of the business.
What you'll need to succeed
experienced in managing large commercial teams delivering project programmes in excess of £50m per annum whilst working for a Principle Contractor. With in-depth commercial and financial process & systems understanding (preferably in a contracting and construction environment) you'll also be an expert in managing NEC3, PSC and ECC contracts with clients and supply chains with an emphasis on Option C.
With a track-record of developing best practices, you'll be viewed as a motivational leader who is able to explain and relay complex information and high-level strategies and bring people along on the journey. Operating with integrity and accountability, the business will look to you as a Commercial subject matter expert who embraces collaboration, new ideas and team development
What you'll get in return
We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
Packages include -
- A competitive salary
- Hybrid Working
- Car/car allowance (subject to role and level of position)
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
- Contribution Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Insurance
- Private medical Insurance
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.