Health & Safety Coordinator - £30,000 - Blackpool
Your new company
I am currently working with a growing construction company based in the North West who are looking for a Health & Safety Coordinator to join the team. Working with a range of key clients across the North West, this organisation are part of a wider group and have a well established presence in the market, also being appointed as principal contractor on a range of high profile projects.
Your new role
Reporting into the Health & Safety Manager, you will work within a team and will be responsible for supporting key stakeholders and employees in all matters relating to Health & Safety. Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Promoting a positive Health & Safety culture across the business
- Supporting Site Managers in the provision of operational Health & Safety
- Ensure risk assessments are in place to cover all areas of the business
- Undertake accident investigations and collate data for SMT
- Update and maintain the fire risk assessment
- Carry out employee DSE risk assessments
- Prepare and compile Construction Phase Plans for large, bespoke projects
- Maintain an up to date professional working knowledge of government and industry standards.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this role you will hold NEBOSH certificate along with previous experience within a Health & Safety role within the construction industry. You must hold a full driving licence and if you hold a CSCS card this would be a big advantage.
What you'll get in return
This is a full time, permanent position offering a salary of £30,000, 20 days holiday plus bank holidays and mileage paid at 45p per mile. Some flexibility on working from home in line with ad-hoc site visits, otherwise this role is office/site based. Opportunity for further training.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.