Senior Design Engineer MICE or MIStructE Excellent Salary up to £65k Depending On Experience Job Derby
Your new company
Our client specialises in the civil and structural design of Electricity Substation asset build and refurbishment, and are involved in projects ranging from new build to modifications of existing sites from concept to completion. They also produce design and detailing works for various other sectors and clients involving a variety of schemes from steel framed structures, foundations, infrastructure and works within the water treatment industry.
Their wide range of clients ensure a consistent work load on a variety of interesting and sometimes complex projects. They are currently seeking a Senior Civil Design Engineer MICE or MIStructE with a minimum of 5 years' experience of designing and managing projects from conception to completion, excellent knowledge of RC & Steel design and sound analytical skills. Experience of Electrical Substation projects is desirable. This position reports to the Engineering Manager & Directors. A great opportunity to display, develop and expand your skills within the company.
Your new role
- Design of steel and concrete structures to BSEN1990-1999
- Working with current National Design Standards and client specifications
- Project Management and delivery of civil design projects
- Meet client requirements and specifications and to deliver compliant design solutions within the agreed timeframe, costs and quality standards
- Carry out conceptual designs, detail designs as well as assessing existing structure condition
- Provide engineering support and advice including production of design calculations
- Production of accurate and detailed calculations utilising TEDDS software
- Independent check of calculations and drawings
- Liaise with clients, contractors and suppliers, stakeholders and third parties to ensure successful project delivery
What you'll need to succeed
- MICE or MIStructE
- Knowledge of design software packages including TSD, TEDDS, connection design software
- Interaction use of 2D and 3D CAD packages
- Interact and cooperate with all company employees
- Liaise with Technicians & Engineers
- Actively participate in maintaining and developing the company image and reputation by ensuring delivery of a quality service and achieving high levels of customer satisfaction
- Utilise appropriate technology in the development and delivery of your work
- Attend training and develop relevant skills, knowledge and experience
What you'll get in return
- Salary up to £65k depending on experience
- Join a growing team with the ability to develop your skills and knowledge through on the job training and external providers
- A contributory pension scheme
- A comprehensive health care package
- 25 days annual leave
- Flexible working hours
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.