Chief Geotechnical Engineer Technical Director Job Excellent Salary Flexible Working Benefits
Your new company
A global, market-leading design, engineering and project management consultancy that is transforming infrastructure delivery with a passion for turning insights into solutions. This could mean fixing things for better outcomes or imagining new ways of doing things. They help to create and build the future of the lived environment.
As one of the UKs leading geotechnical consultancies, our client offers a comprehensive service in ground technology. They have an opportunity for an experienced and dynamic Chief Geotechnical Engineer / Technical Director for either their Birmingham or Warrington offices to help support their rapidly expanding workload and impressive portfolio of prestigious geotechnical projects both in the UK and internationally.
Your new role
This is a fantastic opportunity to take a leading role in the ground engineering input to some of our clients most challenging projects. They are looking for someone with the drive and enthusiasm to embrace the future in these exciting and rapidly evolving sectors. They need to increase their team to meet the growing demands from their clients, especially in the infrastructure sector (particularly rail, highways & water) and the energy sector, which includes carbon capture & storage, renewable energy (wind, current and hydropower), low carbon engineering and nuclear power.
Your duties will include
- Leading the geotechnical team for major rail, highway, maritime, tunnelling, building and land regeneration projects
- Leading the geotechnical team for strategic bids
- Developing your own network of business contacts to contribute to the growth of the ground engineering discipline
- Representing the company at industry events
- Integrating the team to our technical discipline and market leads
- Mentoring of early career team members
- Managing, motivating, mentoring and developing professional staff
- Developing and then overseeing initiatives
What you'll need to succeed
- Extensive experience in one or more of the following sectors: highways, rail, energy or water geotechnics
- A strong academic background with a relevant degree (ideally MSc or equivalent)
- Chartered status
- Proven experience of acting as a Chief Geotechnical Engineer / Technical Director in a fast-moving engineering consultancy environment
- Project management - experience and understanding of the needs and approaches to the engineering consultancy and design markets, including relationships with clients, work planning and commercial management
- Proven geotechnical design experience
- Application of CDM Regulations in a design and ground investigation environment
- Excellent interpersonal and technical skills and the ability to develop and lead geotechnical design teams
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to liaise with clients
- Good commercial track record in negotiating and running successful jobs
- Excellent report writing skills with the ability to self-check and produce accurate work
- A willingness to travel on short assignments both within the UK and overseas
- A valid UK driving license
What you'll get in return
- Competitive Salary depending on experience
- Flexible working environment
- 25 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Flexible Benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.