£35 - £40 per Hour Outside of IR35 Temporary Works Design Engineer Job Excellent Opportunity Coventry Hybrid
Your new company
Our client is a specialist engineering consultancy dedicated to the field of Temporary Works; the company was born out of a desire to provide practical, economical and safe Temporary Works solutions to the UK construction industry.
Your new role
To manage and perform all aspects of temporary works design on projects from the tender stages through to their construction phases.
- Provide in-house dedicated support on temporary works designs.
- Work collaboratively with subcontractors, permanent works designers and consultants, to ensure a professional and driven approach to management of temporary works projects.
- Provide support to our clients through the design phase to review the initial scope of works and advise on constructibility of the temporary works.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand client requirements in great depth in order to develop safe and efficient temporary works designs in accordance with UK and EU codes.
- Checking, reviewing, approving and certifying temporary works design by staff in-house and other sub-contractors.
- Prepare temporary works reports and complete detailed specifications on structural designs.
- Provide technical guidance to a less experienced team of engineers.
- Visit sites as/when required to inspect works and/or resolve issues that may arise during construction.
- Support a team to deliver safe solutions to specified design briefs.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum 5 years' experience in temporary works design.
- Chartered with the Institution of Civil or Structural Engineers or approaching Chartership Review.
- Proficient in temporary works design to BS5975.
- Able to design steel, concrete, timber and masonry structures as well being able to design/check foundations.
- Be familiar with scaffold design to TG20:13 and a range of proprietary formwork and falsework systems.
- Confident with design and analysis software - TEDDS and AutoCAD. Preferably a finite element analysis package. Written English must be excellent.
- Knowledge of engineering processes and company design procedures.
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills; both written and verbal.
- Ability to build and develop customer relationships.
- Must have a UK driving license and car for undertaking site visits.
What you'll get in return
Hourly Pay - Paid Weekly
£35-£40 Per Hour Outside of IR35
Continuous Professional Development
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.