Mechanical Officer - 6-month contract - Local Authority - Flexible working / Work From Home
Your new company
Hays Building Services is working with a Local Authority based in Leicestershire, who are currently seeking a Mechanical Officer on a 6-month contract. This local authority offers a varied workload, with both Domestic and Commercial properties as part of their portfolio.
Your new role
You will act as a Project Manager / Clerk of works for a handful of planned maintenance projects. You will provide technical support and guidance to the relevant internal teams where work involves specialist mechanical components or systems. You will also take on a Clerk of Works role for heating and boiler installations, providing guidance and recommendations to the compliance offer in relation to the gas servicing.
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong Mechanical knowledge and technical ability.
- Good knowledge of Gas installations and servicing on Domestic & Commercial public properties such as leisure centres, offices etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate reports and scopes of work.
- Experience managing Mechanical projects.
- Appropriate Mechanical qualifications such as a Level 3 in Plumbing & Heating or equivalent.
- Mechanical trade background useful but not essential.
What you'll get in return
- 6 month rolling contract
- 37 hours per week
- Up to £30 per hour
- Business mileage at HMRC standard
- Flexible working + Working From Home
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.