M&E Officer - 6-month rolling contract - ASAP Start - Up to £30 per hour - Local Authority
Your new company
Hays Building Services is working with a Local Authority based in Nottinghamshire, who are currently seeking an M&E Officer on a 6-month contract rolling contract. This local authority offers a varied workload, looking after their Commercial properties including Leisure Centres, Art Centres, Office blocks and listed buildings.
Your new role
You will be responsible for the M&E plant maintenance across the council's portfolio, with a particular focus on creating and managing through improvement schemes inc HVAC, Mechanical, Electrical & Lifts. Works will involve creating schemes of work, managing appointed contractors, working closely with key stakeholders, QA / QC to ensure works are carried out to the required standards and ensuring satisfactory compliance is in place at all time whilst adhering to all H&S requirements.
What you'll need to succeed
- Highly experienced creating M&E schemes of work across corporate properties.
- Knowledge of pricing levels for Mechanical & Electrical works.
- Contract and contractor management skills
- Knowledge of standard forms of contracts used within the construction industry.
- The ability to liaise and to work with both contractors and end users, demonstrating a hands-on approach.
- Building Services qualifications - HND/HNC/Trades.
- Previous experience within the mechanical and electrical maintenance trades in the Public Sector beneficial.
What you'll get in return
- 6-month rolling contract
- £30 per hour + business mileage
- Flexible working + Working From Home - work phone & laptop provided
- Working hours are 37 per week with no overtime.
During your placement you will have your own personal Hays consultant offering advice and guidance during your placement. Refer a Friend scheme - £250 in vouchers as a thank you. Opportunities to work for the only recruitment agency endorsed by the CIBSE.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.