Head of Health & Safety role in education
Your new company
As one of London's largest further education college groups, this organisation prides itself on the exceptional standards that it holds itself to, not only for its students, but also for its business clients and stakeholders.
This organisation trains over 25,000 student every single year, equipping them with the skills and knowledge that they need. The group boasts notable alumni, ranging renowned chefs, actors, and Olympians.
Your new role
Your new role will see you provide operational management and dynamic leadership for the group. To manage and deliver the Health & Safety Management System across the organisation, ensuring the business complies with all current Health & Safety legislation, guidance and standards.
- Implement the Health and Safety and Management System through engagement with key stakeholders with tailored solutions for their unique service users and high-risk working environments.
- To deliver in partnership with curriculum and operations colleagues all aspects of their Health & Safety policies, procedures and guidelines across all disciplines.
- To ensure rigorous risk assessment and accident management systems are in place and audited and to take part in these as appropriate
- In conjunction with colleagues, manage the document management systems with the aim of them gaining recognised Health & Safety accreditation to help build upon their reputation, with the aim of being viewed as a best in class, proactive and dynamic hub for education provision in a safe and well controlled environment.
- Ensure that continual improvement is a focus within the strategy for their Health & safety initiatives, including the development of new Health & Safety policies and systems of work to address changing needs within the business.
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate must have a level 3 health and safety certificate as a minimum, alongside relevant experience. They will also be able to communicate effectively to all members of the team, including stakeholders. You will also be passionate about your approach to health and safety - able to promote and deliver change for the better.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
The ideal candidate will receive a competitive salary alongside loads of great company benefits. Within this company, you will work alongside likeminded people driven by the same desire to create a great culture, both within health and safety and throughout the organisation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.