Mechanical Officer - Local Authority (domestic stock) - Up to £250 per day - Hybrid working
Your new company
Hays Building Services is working exclusively with a Local Authority based in Lincolnshire, who are currently seeking a Mechanical Officer on a 6-month rolling contract.
Your new role
You will manage appointed contractors carrying out mechanical works on the domestic stock the council own. This will be predominantly tenanted but may include some voids.
Responsibilities will include
- Management of contractors
- Carry out QC / QA checks
- Ensure works carried out are in accordance to schemes of work whilst adhering to KPI's
- Represent the council as the Technical specialist when attending contractor meetings.
What you'll need to succeed
- Building Services qualifications (HNC/HND/relevant trade quals).
- Experience managing contractors carrying out maintenance works on domestic stock
- Strong Mechanical / Gas knowledge
- Previous experience working for a Local Authority desirable
What you'll get in return
- 6-month rolling contract
- Up to £250 per day + business mileage
- Flexible working + Working from home
- Working hours are 40 hours per week.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.