Reports to: Senior Partner/ Partner
Role objective: To develop and grow the business to provide specialist construction management advice and support to our clients.
Overview of role:
As an Associate to be accountable for the development and management of a team or teams and grow the business. To provide strategic support to the Senior Partners and Partners and drive operational delivery on a day-to-day basis. The Associate will take a lead role on client commissions and have a strong client network.
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities:
Prospecting & Client Acquisition
- Identifying prospective clients.
- Building and maintaining solid relationships with key stakeholders across existing accounts as well as identifying key stakeholders across other areas of the business.
- Understanding the client account and the business, identifying short term opportunities to maintain account numbers whilst also understanding the client's longer-term talent and resourcing strategy to enable future growth.
- Identifying opportunities of growth in your accounts and lead account strategy in conjunction with other Partners.
- Acting as the client advocate on projects ensuring alignment to the client's priorities / business case.
- Gathering and understanding client requirements to match candidates with the appropriate skills, knowledge and experience to maximise account development opportunities.
- Proactively work with all Partners to agree on strategic plans to balance supply with demand.
- Managing and maintaining excellent service standards in line with the Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Managing the commercial relationship throughout the procurement process, manage existing statement of works and purchase orders.
- Coach and mentoring internal teams to ensure projects are delivered successfully.
- Act as liaison between clients and management for business executions.
- Proactively seek client feedback to ensure client satisfaction.
- Address client concerns and queries in a timely and accurate manner.
- To negotiate business contracts and costs with clients as needed in conjunction with other Partners and/or Key Account Managers.
- Build positive and productive relationships with clients.
Business Planning, Reporting & Quality
- Providing regular and accurate reporting on opportunities and pipeline to the Partnership.
- Ensuring the finance, commercial and delivery processes are followed for all opportunities in a timely manner.
- Assess potential business risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Contribute to improving the business processes as we grow
Team Management & Overall Company Contribution
- To lead, manage and co-ordinate the team to ensure that projects and/ or business objectives are delivered in accordance with best practice and in a consistent manner with common objectives and business goals.
- Collaboration with other Partners, including knowledge sharing, etc
- To lead and drive internal change and assist in implementing and promoting company policies.
- To deliver and promote the vision, mission and values.
- To develop the capability of the team through training, development and targeted recruitment.
- Mentor, appraise and develop staff capability.
Core Qualifications, Skills and Previous Experience
- At least 10 years of proven experience of managing on large infrastructure project.
- Proven experience of leading and managing a high performing team
- Project Management qualification and proven project management experience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience on utility infrastructure projects / programmes
- Experience in the use of the NEC suite of contracts.
- Experience of working within a large programme of works
- Understanding and extensive previous experience of Enabling and Utilities projects
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of specification development, tendering, procurement, financing and accounting processes and procedures.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.