Structural Engineer Derby Leicester Warwick Excellent Salary Depending On Experience Exciting Opportunity Job
Your new company
Our client is a forward thinking consultancy who specialise in Civil & Structural Engineering. They work on a variety of projects such as Residential, Commercial, Unusual Structures, Education, Industrial, Historic Buildings and Conservation Projects.
They really invest in their people, offering fantastic training packages and a company profit share scheme.
Your new role
- Liaising with other members of the design team (either internal or external)
- Liaising with contractors, clients, third party organisations and stakeholders, answering queries in relation to technical detailing
- Attendance at design, project progress, and client engagement meetings
- Structural design to all relevant British Standards and European Codes
- Producing preliminary design solutions and reviewing with clients as part of design strategy
- Producing detailed designs, calculations and specifications including GA and technical reviews
- Design in all forms of construction including steelwork, reinforced / precast concrete, masonry and timber
- Awareness of projects cost, programme and sustainability criteria
- Complying with designers' duties under the CDM Regulations
- Producing sketches, drawings and writing structural appraisal reports
- Personal delivery of smaller projects
- Report writing, calculations, design
- Developing your technical skills with support from colleagues
- Delivering a variety of technical projects in all structural materials (primarily timber, steel, concrete, glass, aluminium) and producing calculations and drawings
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum BSc/BEng in Civil/Structural Engineering or equivalent
- At least 3 years post qualification experience in civil and structural engineering
- Full UK driving license and own transport
- Confidence and ability in team and project management
- Competence at using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Aspirations for apply for chartered status with a relevant body (MICE or MIStructE)
What you'll get in return
- Excellent Salary Depending On Experience
- 22 Days Holiday + Bank Holiday + Closure Over Christmas
- Profit Share Scheme - 15% of all profits divided by staff
- Continued Professional Development
- Company Socials
- Free Parking
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.