An opportunity to be part of a new and dynamic sustainability team working for an influential London Borough
Your new company
A historic local London Authority that is one of the biggest financial services employers in London
Your new role
You will be assisting the sustainability manager where you will be:
- Scrutinising designs at the planning stage
- Drafting reports analysing technical, sustainability-related design aspects and/or pre-/ planning application statements and planning policy documents.
- Working with developers to ensure projects meet set sustainable targets
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed at this role you will need:
- Experience in sustainability in Construction in the Built Environment with an understanding of sustainability in the Building Design process
- Demonstrable knowledge of recent changes, research and trends affecting climate change adaptation and mitigation and environmental impacts in the development of buildings
- Someone looking to work on the client side with a Sustainable Architectural/Engineering background
- Someone who is able to Scrutinise planning applications with an emphasis on the Environmental and Sustainable impacts of projects.
- A Degree in Town Planning, Architecture, Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Building Surveying or a related profession or discipline and/or Membership or eligible for full membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute, the Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment or other relevant professional body, or possess the equivalent level of knowledge, skills and experience
What you'll get in return
- Very good pension
- A competitive public sector day rate
- The opportunity to grow your experience working for such a historic and important part of London
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.