Mon - Fri
- Experience of working at a senior level advising on H&S in the private or public sector.
- Reviewing and developing Corporate H&S policies and procedures
- Developing and maintaining a health and safety management system
- Advising the Senior Management Team on matters relating to Council activities regarding health, safety and compliance
- Providing reports on health and safety performance to relevant groups and committees
- Investigating serious accidents and incidents to establish root cause and to provide advice on lessons learned and future preventive measures
- Supporting staff in general H&S advice including reviewing risk assessment and method statements
- Undertaking planned and short notice inspections, audits and other forms of checks to assess levels of compliance across the Council
- Local authority experience
- NEBOSH or IOSH
- Compliance experience
- Health and safety qualification
This role is a temporary role with an option to go to permanent.
You will be reporting to the service manager.
If you are interested, please contact me on 01582390570