Your new company
The group manages nearly 10,000 homes in Kent, mainly within Mid and North Kent. They have an additional partnership with a smaller Housing Association, which manages over 900 homes, it's key in providing supported living for young people.
This role is part of a growing asset management team, where there is a good tenure of staff as well key new senior hires to drive the business forward. Since the pandemic, like most companies, they now fully operate a full hybrid working environment to accommodate a better work life balance.
Your new role
You will be a Project Manager delivering maintenance and improvement works to group properties. You will be undertaking contract administration and undertaking surveys and inspections to the stock. You will be working with a wider team of Project Managers and Surveyors and your role and scope of works will be influenced by the needs of the team.
Your aim is to manage contracts robustly within budget, to time achieving require quality in finish. You will deliver works to appropriate legislative standards to ensure safety of our customers and staff.
You will work as part of a team delivering planned and major works contracts
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be considered for this role you will need to have the following qualifications and experience
- APM / RICS professional qualification or similar (CIOB) (working towards will be accepted) or proven experience working in an Asset Management or Construction environment
- Detailed technical knowledge of Construction, planned works and other appropriate Health and Safety requirements (including Asbestos)
- Effectively lead, manage, and motivate internal teams to ensure that there is a culture of collaborative working to achieve the corporate & team goals.
- Robust Contract Administration
- Knowledge of Building Pathology / Construction techniques
- Driving License
- DBS checked - or able to gain one
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure, deliver to strict deadlines and manage conflicting priorities.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Able to use drawing packages such as AutoCAD
What you'll get in return
This role is paying a salary of up to £44,000 per annum + benefits including discounted medical treatments, generous leave, including paid time off to volunteer and an annual grant to support your wellbeing.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Andrew Dique now on 020 8464 6678. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.