Hays is excited to be working with a well reputable multi-disciplinary property consultancy based out of the historic town of St Albans. They are a lead provider of rural services to an excellent range of innovative and affluent private clients covering the counties of Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, and Buckinghamshire.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Rural Surveyor to join this successful team and work with a number of significant estate management clients, getting involved in a range of exciting businesses and planning projects from start to finish, as well as other general rural professional matters including valuation.
The office is well placed for easy commuting into central London and the role offers flexibility to have a good balance of being office and home based, and the opportunity to work on some interesting projects to actively optimise their clients' assets in these prosperous counties. Flexible working is encouraged and the work will be for either retained management or Rural professional work.
- Undertake the primary day-to-day relationship role with Estate Management clients
- Managing landlord and tenant relationships for agricultural, commercial and residential properties
- Manage financial matters, provide reporting on budgeting, performance
- Manage Estate employees
- Provide concise, practical and reasoned advice to Clients at all times
- Experienced in the rural sector from within private practice or resident agent background
- Experience in project management, planning and development, and RICS Registered Valuer status is an advantage.
- Confident, organised, and professional.
- Able to gain trust with clients and build relationships.
- Commercially astute and hands on
- Take financial responsibility
- Excellent networking and selling skills
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent people skills
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Communicate confidently and clearly.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independent.
What you need to qualify
Ideally you will be MRICS qualified but newly qualified can be considered as well as more senior level with a proven track record in rural estate management.
What you will get in return The company has provided as excellent work life balance with flexible working options, also a generous benefits package will be provided on top of a competitive salary.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.