Senior Sustainability Consultant
Senior Sustainability Consultant
Top International Building Design Consultancy
Our client is one most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, both nationally and internationally, with over 50,000 employees worldwide. They are a leading provider of low carbon and sustainability services, providing a wide range of support and insight to large private and public-sector clients.
This includes energy efficiency and carbon management services, asset management and whole life costing, as well as broader sustainability strategy services such post-occupancy evaluation and rating tools.
Their UK Building Design practice has over 800 engineers and architects delivering projects across Cities & Development, Education, Residential, Aviation, Defence, Energy, Manufacturing, Highways, Water and Rail & Logistics buildings.
Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Senior Sustainability Consultant to join the growing team of dedicated Building Design sustainability and carbon professionals and work with our clients at project level to drive carbon strategies and the transition to Net Zero.
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with proven experience, looking to progress their career to the next level through working on high profile projects throughout the UK.
Our client is looking to recruit a knowledgeable and skilled sustainability consultant with experience in delivering consultancy services for building design including developing project specific sustainability targets, conducting multidisciplinary sustainability workshops, provision of technical advice and guidance in areas of circular economy, materials selection and waste minimisation, as well as advising on energy efficiency and low carbon technologies.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Delivery and reporting on project sustainability targets, and liaison with project director/ manager/ technical lead/ reviewer responsible for new build and retrofit projects central and local government and other project promoters.
- Providing technical sustainability support to clients in a wide range of areas.
- Knowledgeable of UK Government policy and other industry initiatives that relate to energy use and sustainable developments.
- Generate good working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Assistance with bid preparation, budgetary, project and team management/mentoring responsibilities.
- You will be educated to degree/higher degree level in a sustainability / environment / climate change / carbon management related discipline. You will possess carbon and net zero related expertise; a wide range of skill sets and a willingness to become involved in a broad selection of projects.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and experience working collaboratively with a range of technical specialists at different levels.
- Be highly self-motivated, possessing strong enthusiasm and commitment to delivering sustainable outcomes.
- Be flexible, adaptable and prepared to take on new challenges and work from other office locations.
- Have strong report writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Have experience of UK climate change, carbon and net zero regulations, guidance and standards.
- Knowledge of international regulatory frameworks, guidance and standards would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of standards and methods for assessing and reporting on carbon performance of infrastructure projects.
- Excellent verbal communicator with the ability to present with confidence to a wide range of audiences and communicate technical concepts simply and clearly.
- Excellent writing skills - clarity in scientific writing is key. Able to adapt writing style to produce documents for different types of audience, including non-specialists.
- Good working knowledge of BREEAM is essential, and you will ideally be certified as BREEAM Accredited Professional (Design & Site). Knowledge of WELL, LEED, NABERS etc. would be an advantage.
- Highly motivated and proactive; focused on achieving and delivering technical excellence.
- Ability to engage and enthuse staff and clients.
- Strong technical performance.
- Skilled at collaborative working, have good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively.
- Flexible and prepared to take on new challenges.
- Well organised; able lead multiple projects running simultaneously.
- Attention to detail and desire to work to high standards consistently.
Pension - Company will double your contributions up to 5% (10% total)
Life Assurance Holiday - 25 days + BH. You can also buy/sell up to 15 days holiday
Season Ticket Loan
Family Leave Scheme
Electric Vehicle Scheme
Private Medical Insurance
Opportunity to Work Overseas
Our client recognises that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. As part of this commitment, they understand the need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important. So, by default they offer flexible working, where there is no fixed 9 'till 5, no need for a 5-day week, no requirement for a full-time contract, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office.
What you need to do now:
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.