Roads Planning Officer | Transport Assessments | Long Term Contract | Hybrid / Remote Working Available
Your new company
Hays are working on behalf of a busy local authority who are looking to appoint a Roads Planning Officer on an ongoing temporary basis. Remote / Working options available, as well as flexibility on working hours to help accommodate existing commitments.
Your new role & what you'll need to succeed
Consulting with the council's town planners, you will advise on matters relating to transport / roads.
- Consult with planning (Development Management) team on roads related issues in accordance with relevant design standards and local authority policies
- Ensure designs meet appropriate standards and acceptable impact on road networks, junctions, footpaths etc
- Carry out transport assessments and submissions for construction consent
- Report & make recommendations on planning applications
- Determine applications for Road Construction Consent
- Provide advice on interpretation and application of policies and technical principles.
What you'll get in return
Ongoing contract role with flexibility in relation to working hours and the ability to work from home. Rates are negotiable dependent upon experience, but will be in the region of £22-25ph PAYE. IR35 status will be determined on a case by case basis.
Please contact Karen Mayberry at Hays for info on 01412123660.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.