Chartered Building Surveyor Role
Your new company:
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Chartered building surveyor to join a well-established, large engineering and design firm. You will be working with a number of public and private sector clients on a range of varied and interesting projects. You'll be working collaboratively as a team whilst managing client relationships and dealing with technical and legal issues.
What you'll be doing:
- Working across a number of projects in different sectors & providing a range of building surveying / project management duties.
- Assisting with the development of new & repeat business.
- Managing the client relationship & service delivery on a project by project basis in conjunction with senior colleagues.
- Supporting Practice Management in the day-to-day running of the business, you'll also be involved with the following:Project management & Contract Administration duties for larger projects.Condition & measured surveys.Designing & implementing small - medium sized projects.Due diligence surveys.
- The use & application of standard forms of building contracts, such as JCT & NEC.
- Keeping abreast of industry issues & developments in best practice.
- Experience of defect analysis, undertaking building surveys & producing professional reports & specifications.
- Mentoring & training more junior Building Surveyors as well as an active participation in the APC programme.
- Understand the principles of quality, safety & the environment within the management of projects.
- Report to your line manager & undertake work activities as defined by your manager.
- Networking to develop our Client's local presence in Epsom & the LSE region.
- Networking to develop business opportunities.
- Take the lead in developing & issuing bids in compliance with our Client's governance requirements.
- Take the lead in taking instructions and running jobs and commissions.
- Lead design teams.
- Undertake role of principal designer in accordance with our Client's requirements.
- Provide project management services.
What you'll need to succeed:
- BSc (Hon's) Building Surveying RICS Accredited degree or similar.
- Full member of the RICS, MCIOB or similar. Ability to demonstrate good surveying experience & be client facing.
- Experience of both pre & post contract project management responsibilities, & be able to deliver this service effectively to Clients.
- Good team working skills and ability to communicate well.
- Prepared to travel when required. To liaise with senior colleagues to help build a profitable service & positive, high performing team environment. Strong IT skills.
- Ability to manage and develop team members including mentoring of APC graduates.
- Experience of managing clients.
- Full understanding of Health and Safety requirements.
What You'll Receive:
- Competitive Salary.
- 25 days annual leave + all bank holidays.
- A buy/sell annual leave scheme.
- Continued learning and development both personally & professionally.
Moving job is a big decision. If you have any queries about this particular role or would like to discuss this further, please don't hesitate to get in touch for a free, private consultation.