Assistant Quantity Surveyor - Construction - Freelance
Your new company
Operating both in the UK and across the world, they are a leading contractor delivering projects across multiple sectors including; real estate, defence, education, highways, rail and water.
Your new role
Working on a high profile scheme in the Cambridge area you will be supporting the Commercial Manager to adhere to the commercial, contractual, and financial aspects of the contract.
Key Duties include:
- Ensure that the Project discharges its contractual and legal obligations
- Drafting of letters to the client in response to contractual challenges
- Manage the contract procedures, invoicing, payments, and variations, together with contractual entitlements.
- Identify and deliver opportunities to provide enhanced value.
- Supporting the team with invoicing and debt ensuring maximisation of cash position of Project.
- Support the procurement procedures for the Sub Contract packages including scope, quantification, tender method, negotiation and Sub Contract documentation
- Ensure that the obligations and responsibilities of all Contracts are properly fulfilled to the time scales identified within the Agreements
- Monitor and manage the scope, change notices, terms and conditions of any contract changes
- Mitigate deductions within the contract Payment Mechanisms
- Manage the submission of contract variations, ensuring the appropriate approvals are received from the clients and pricing of maintenance obligations
- Provide accurate information to create a robust and transparent set of monthly and annual project accounts
- Maintain a risk and opportunities tracker
- Monitor and manage the Pre-Qualification Process (PQQ) in liaison with central procurement team
- Development of commercial process maps
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of working in a commercial role within the facilities management sector
- Experience of working with client representatives
- Strong numerical skills
- Good communication skills
- Good organisation skills
- Experience of contract documents (PFI is preferred)
- Good computer skills including use of Microsoft Office, in particular be at an intermediate level
- Capacity to meet tight deadlines
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.