An opportunity to work for a UK leading specialist contractor
Your new company
One of the UK's oldest and leading Geo-technical specialist contractors
Your new role
Your new role is to provide comprehensive advice and support in the maintenance and improvement of Environmental and Sustainability compliance in order to do this you will be:
- Ensuring that an effective customer focused Environment and Sustainability Service is provided to major project delivery teams.
- Ensuring the Integrated Management Systems are designed and implemented in accordance with International standards such as PAS91 and ISO14001 and carrying out internal audits to ensure these standards are met.
- Assisting sites to comply with their Deployment Applications Permit and to be on site 20% of the operational time. Reporting and liaising with the Environment Agency as required.
- Carrying out external supply chain audits, produce reports with recommendations for improvement and be aware of and compliance with all relevant Environmental regulatory, contractual and company requirements.
- Ensuring that all reportable incidents have been notified to the Enforcing Authority in accordance with legislation and facilitating or leading specialist risk assessments.
- Liaising with customers and sub-contractors on all Environmental and Sustainability matters as requested by divisional managers.
What you'll need to succeed
- Member of IOSH or training towards membership
- Technically Competent Manager in WAMITAB/EPOC(desirable but can be trained in both)
- Lead Auditor Qualification in ISO14001.
- Some experience working in a construction environment.
- Working knowledge and experience in facilitating development of Integrated Management Systems.
- CSCS Card Holder.
- Basic It literacy (Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint.)
What you'll get in return
- £35000 - £38000
- The ability to work for a big player in the industry
- Central London location
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.