Architectural professional, Queen's University Belfast, Estates planning team, £43,414 - £53,353 plus benefits
Your new company
Queen's University Belfast are working in partnership with Hays Specialist Recruitment to appoint a number of new key strategic roles within their Estates Directorate team including Estates Manager (Planning).
This is an exciting time to join Queen's as they embark on their Strategy 2030 which sets out the University's ambition for the next 10 years. To support this, the Estates Directorate has developed an ambitious Estate Strategy and capital projects masterplan with a wide variety of new build, major refurbishment and estate re-organisation plans.
The Estate Strategy also includes three significant major capital projects as part of the BRCD across manufacturing, digital innovation and clinical healthcare which are currently in the early stages of Design.
Your new role
Queen's are recruiting a permanent Estates Manager (Planning), who will provide specialist estates planning, design advice and project management expertise to ensure the successful delivery of the University's Estate Strategy, Corporate Plan and the delivery of the University's City Deal Projects.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join the Estates Directorate team at Queen's University Belfast as they embark on their next phase of development.
Reporting to the Head of Estates Planning, this role will provide essential support to the Estates Planning functions and will be focused on evolving a number of complex, diverse and commonly interlinked projects across the campus to inform the necessary evolution of Queen's University Estate during the next Corporate Strategy period. Based on campus, you will demonstrate comprehensive building design awareness and an ability to analyse, challenge and influence design solutions across RIBA Stages 0-3.
Some of the main duties include:
- Lead and manage all stages of capital building projects to ensure successful delivery of the Estates Strategy and Corporate Plan objectives.
- Management of project budgets, specification, quality parameters and programme taking decisive actions to ensure successful project delivery.
- Develop outline options for the planning and development of the University Estate. Advise Senior Management on potential feasibility and development options including cost and programme.
- Ensure major projects obtain institutional approval within the context of the University's System of Control for Major Projects.
- Lead in the production of feasibility studies and business cases for major capital projects.
A full job description is available on request.
What you'll need to succeed
To be eligible for this vacancy you must meet the following essential criteria:
Relevant University degree. Professional Chartership Achievement to a relevant professional body (e.g. RIBA/ ARB)
At least 5 years recent (including within last 5 years) relevant experience in an estates/building project environment to include:
- Experience of working for or with a large complex organisation
- Experience of successfully project managing major New Build capital projects (in excess of £8m).
- Experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams in achieving successful project delivery.
- Evidence of successfully managing multiple stakeholders in a capital project environment.
- Evidence of successful management of project budgets and resources.
- Use of project management systems and tools in the successful delivery of projects.
What you'll get in return
£43,414 - £53,353
This role will provide you the opportunity to assist in the delivery of a landmark Northern Ireland Innovation Project. Alongside a competitive basic salary, the wider benefits package includes:
Generous holiday entitlement of over 8 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days (including Christmas and Easter) and 9 bank holidays) - That's 42 days a year!
Generous pension scheme - the University contributes 21.6% of salary
Health and Wellbeing: Discounted staff membership options at Queen's Sport, the Campus gym; https://www.queenssport.com/
Personal Development: Access to courses run by Queen's Professional Learning team, and self-development courses including languages, Creative Writing, Wellbeing Therapies and much more.
Access to on-site childcare, shopping discounts and travel schemes are also available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.