Your new company
As an international player in construction engineering and mobility services, the business offers a unique global opportunity, combining consulting, engineering and infrastructure operations. Our capacity for innovation allows us to respond to the challenges of the climate and digital world, offering solutions and recognised expertise in the transport and mobility, sustainable city, building, water, environment and energy sectors. The group has more than 50 years of experience, presence in 75 countries, and 16,000 employees around the world.
Your new role
This 12-month secondment provides a really exciting and challenging development opportunity to lead for all route crime incidents and associated operational disruption on the Sussex Route.
You will need to be motivated around incident trends, hotspot identification and have a good grasp of data analysis, reporting and performance management.
Stakeholder and collaborative relationships are key, ensuring that our BTP embedded teams and our front-line security providers are given clear direction around tasking areas and priorities.
Together with Sussex Route Control, Passenger & freight customers and external stakeholders you will also need to continue to drive forward agreed strategies around reducing the impact of trespass and suicide reduction, asset theft and graffiti across the routes
What you'll need to succeed
Specific roles are as follows:
1. Own Route Crime performance for the geographical area
2. Analyse and interpret Route Crime data to identify emerging issues, trends and priority locations. Corporate memory retention of incident management.
3. Identify short, medium and long term solutions to ongoing and emerging crime issues
4. Deliver regular progress reports, including relevant risks and issues, to Executive Sponsors and Functional Directors
5. Managing the delivery of contract for chosen security provider(s), including daily tasking, directing the patrol strategy, managing KPIs and verifying the monthly contract arrangements
6. Review of significant incidents to identify route causes outside of incident of management, including infrastructure and process improvement and/or identification of prolific individuals
7. Manage the development and delivery of route crime projects in compliance with company processes and procedures
8. Develop and lead the Route Suicide Prevention Plan, including collaboration with local authorities, suicide prevention groups, TOC suicide prevention lead and any appropriate stakeholders
9. Pan industry and external stakeholder engagement related to crime reduction and suicide prevention
* Understanding of project methodologies
* Knowledge of/experience in the UK rail industry.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
You'll be offered a salary of up to TBC, plus a very generous employee benefits scheme. You'll receive training and support and global career opportunities are possible. You'll enjoy a exciting dynamic environment with modern tools and technology to get your job done and a team of hardworking, ambitious, like-minded individuals supporting you.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.