Our client owns, develops and manages an historic Estate based in Bedfordshire, the Estate encompasses many acres of farming, forestry and property. At present, they would like an experienced Maintenance surveyor to join their small central team. As an Maintenance Surveyor you will focus on enhancing the current maintenance service and improvement of the Estate's properties, together with being responsible for monitoring contractor's performance against time, cost and quality. As a Maintenance Surveyor you will report to the Head of Property Maintenance and work as part of a small central team on call duties will be required on a rota basis.
- Undertake annual stock condition surveys.
- To instruct and supervise work for the in-house maintenance operatives.
- To raise works orders for in house staff and external contractors, using Qube.
- To produce accurate and concise reports using Office applications and bespoke software.
- To manage contractors.
- Carry out inspections and diagnose building defects and produce specifications.
- Specify and implement thermal improvement works, generally to older or listed buildings.
- To undertake quality assurance inspections and produce reports.
- Monitor contractor's progress.
- Project manage various contracts. Prepare tender documentation and project manage contract works.
- Programming, financial control and administration.
- To produce accurate estimates for building works.
- To update computerised records.
- To fully understand Health and Safety, including CDM regulations.
- Be available on-call on a rota basis.
- Comply with the data protection policy and follow the procedures and guidelines in place. Access only the data permitted to access and notifying IT if you can access other data.
- Ensure retention schedules (governing the length of time documents are stored) are adhered to regardless of whether the personal data sits in email, the business filing structure or third party software.
- Report data loss immediately.
- To become fully conversant with the Estates fire and emergency procedures.
- To undertake Continuous Professional Development.
- To ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance at all times.
- To comply with any reasonable instructions issued by management. To be part of the Management and Reactive Service Team call out rota and the Estates Fires Salvage team.
- Changes in the business may occasionally require alterations in this job description and these will be agreed with the post holder as appropriate.
The key Skills required to become our Maintenance Surveyor are:
- A proven and successful background in property maintenance with the ability to diagnose building defects.
- Experience of contract administration and JCT contracts
- An ability to prioritise and work to deadlines, perform under pressure and have excellent problem solving, communication and supervisory skills.
- A demonstrable knowledge of building standards, planning regulations,
- Must be IT Literate (MS word, Excel)
- Relevant Degree
- Managing and maintenance of historic building
- CAD, Qube, MS project
- Working towards CIOB or RICS membership
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.