Our client is a boutique project management practice based in West Berkshire. Having successfully expanded last year, they're seeking to hire a Graduated Project Manager as a result of continued project opportunities with both existing and new clients. Their typical projects include a variety of new commercial offices, hotels and numerous projects for out of town retail parks.
Supported by a Director, you will become an integral part of their close knit team making significant contributions to the business, both commercially and culturally.
Your primary role will be to assist in managing smaller projects – less than £1m – typically ‘cut & carve’, strip outs & remodelling projects but also supporting other Senior colleagues on larger schemes; cultivating appropriate skills and experience as part of your CPD.
Projects are located across the South East and Midlands so candidate must be able to drive, own their own vehicle and be within a 45 min commuting distance of the area.
- Work closely with colleagues to identify and understand the project brief / requirements.
- Develop successful, professional relationships with clients
- Assist in managing (& potentially leading) smaller projects with office support
- Manage project tasks as part of a wider team on larger projects.
- Assist in providing regular reports on expenditure against budgets.
- Assist in preparing programmes for monitoring purposes
- Assist in preparing and updating accurate internal and external project documentation
Successful applicant requirements:
- A completed BSc in Surveying / Construction project management / Engineering or Architecture degree – with preference for Hons accreditation to RICS (APC pathway)
- Ideally some professional consultancy experience – possibly via industrial a year out
- Good communicator and enthusiastic
- Good MS Office skills including Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Car owner & driver
Package would include a starting salary to £30,000 basic + 5% Pension + 28 days paid holiday + Discretionary benefits + Bonus + one professional subscription paid.
At mjhrecruitment it’s simple. Outstanding client relations and recruitment expertise, choose the experts… we make things happen. If you have the necessary skills to match this specification, please drop us a line for a confidential chat on 0207 932 0090