Your new company
The council property services department provides professional advice on estate and asset management matters relating to the council's portfolio, this is a growing department of the council due to an increase in housing stock and local developments that will add to that as well.
Recognised by Best Companies as an outstanding organisation to work for, they have a real focus on staff engagement, health & wellbeing, and development, they have a flexible working culture, work is home-based with occasional travel throughout the council region as required.
Your new role
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and manage comprehensive reporting mechanisms that enable Landlord Compliance to be carefully monitored and reported on. Ensure accuracy of and transparency of data.
- Monitor and report on compliance standards by inspecting buildings, engineering services installations and systems and programmes of work carried out on-site to meet the specified standards.
- Prepare work programmes, specification for work, cost estimate and budgets ensuring accuracy throughout. Procure and manage contracts either directly or using employers' agents. Administer contracts appropriately ensuring value for money, valuations settlement of final accounts and correct data recording e.g. defects period and guarantees.
- Ensure s20 works are identified and work with the Leasehold Management and Neighbourhood Management Senior Specialists regarding appropriate notification and service charges
- Conduct site meetings and document these in the form of accurate minutes
- Attend tenant meetings to share and explain contract proposals and input their feedback into future works.
- Ensure the asset management data base is updated following completion of works recording future maintenance cycles, operating manuals and material used.
- Provide training to colleagues on specific areas of expertise to enable development and improvement of services.
- Develop the compliance teams skills and knowledge by undertaking regular 1-2-1 meetings to review performance against team and individual objectives, identifying skills gaps and training opportunities planning appropriate career development for each team member
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be considered for this role you will need to have the following:
- Professional qualification in property related discipline, either as a mechanical electrical engineer, chartered surveyor, or quantity surveyor
- Demonstrable experience of statutory landlord compliance and servicing programmes in the social housing sector or similar operating environment
- In depth experience and understanding of at least one key area of compliance and a willingness to learn about others e.g. fire, legionella, gas, electric, lifts
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of contracting relationships, compliance, quality standards and relationship management
- Experience of direct management of property, maintenance and investment related contracts within a public sector / social housing organization or similar environment
- Broad demonstrable experience of managing a variety of maintenance and service contracts operating within a continuous improvement and value for money context
- Demonstrable knowledge of procurement procedures
- Experience of operating MS Office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills to ensure managers fully understand relevant strategies and are able to develop these within their service plans. The ability to influence and change others' opinions and behaviours
- Able to contribute to the work of the wider team and to work on own initiative.
- Willingness to access confined space and to work at height along with occasional evening meetings or visits to residents' homes, estates, or council premises
What you'll get in return
This role is paying a salary of up to £54,200 per annum + benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Andrew Dique now on 020 8464 6678. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.