Quantity Surveyor in Colchester Essex
Due to rapid and exciting growth within the company they are currently expanding the team to welcome a new Quantity Surveyor.
We are looking for an experienced QS that has come from either a flooring background, similar finishing trade background, or is from a main contractor. A small element of pricing will be involved however you will be supported by the estimating team. Main elements of their role will be keeping records of progress on projects for applications. Raising applications, negotiation of applications, chasing payment for said applications. Assisting in creation of accurate forecasting based on applications and progress. Assisting all contract management teams with the raising of VO's, EWN, etc. As well as chasing debt and Job costings.
Dealing with and taking the lead on commercial aspects of all ongoing projects
- Liaising with contracts team to capture full scope of delivery
- Negotiation with customers regarding compensation events
- Securing commercial risk in projects
- Preparing and analysing project costings for tenders, such as materials, quantities, labour and time
- Performing risk, value management and cost control during construction
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks
- Providing advice on contractual claims and disputes
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports
- Valuing completed work, overseeing bills and arranging payments
Assisting the Estimating Department
- Analysing plans, bills of quantities and other project documentation to estimate costs
- Researching, sourcing, negotiating and obtaining the best prices and quotes from suppliers and subcontractors - Analysing data that can affect costs
- Assessing the financial, technical and operational risks of the project
- Attention to Detail
- A Methodical approach to work
- Commercial awareness
- Teamwork, relationship building
- Organisation and time management
- Problem Solving
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.