Contracts Manager - Construction - Negotiable Salary & package
Your new company
Well established construction company with projects across Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire. Working across a number of sectors including build and civils.
Your new role
Due to a continued workload they are now looking to hire a Contracts Manager to join a well established construction team working on their build contracts in multiple areas across the region.
- Plan projects and assist with the programming to ensure they are to a level of detail necessary for the site team to deliver the scheme without delays
- Procurement and reconciliation of materials to best value and to prevent delays
- Attend tender handover meetings and deliver pre-start meetings to the site teams
- Produce and analyse progress reports
- Work closely with the commercial team to ensure weekly review of progress, budget resources and forward planning are carried out
- Lead by example, set the highest possible standards of leadership in promotion of HS&E procedures and best practice, ensuring compliance with Company procedures and legal obligations
- Maintain and manage construction sites and subcontractors, ensuring all subcontractors follow company procedures and processes
- Oversee and ensure that HSE-related documents are kept up to date
- Ensure that the QA File is produced and maintained
- Establish and promote best practice
- Build and maintain relationships with both the client and external customers
- Ensure that works are carried out in a manner which minimises community impact
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous experience working in a similar role
- Experience of using MS project
- CSCS card
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with both customers and all levels of staff
- Problem solving skills and analytical thinking
- Good computer skills including the use of MS applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Project).
What you'll get in return
- A competitive salary dependant on capability and experience
- Car allowance, pension, private medical insurance
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.