Contractor Prison Escort role HMP Littlehey
Your new company:
As the leading agency supplier to the HM Prison Service for the provision of maintenance trades & support operatives, Hays is seeking to recruit a Contractor Escort to escort Building Contractors around HMP Littlehey.
Your new role
The main responsibility for this role is to carry out security practices within the prison whilst sub-contractor works are carried out. You will be responsible for:
- Meeting contractors and vehicles at the main gate and signing them in and out
- Completing a tool inventory with the contractors prior to them starting work inside the prison and checking again at the end of the day before they leave the establishment
- Escorting the contractors to their working area, escorting them for breaks and overseeing them whilst they work
- Ensuring no security practices are breached within the Prison.
- Radio handling & communication
- Responsibility for holding Prison gate key set, to ensure swift movement across site
What you'll need to succeed:
No formal qualifications or previous experience is required for this role.
The nature of the Contractor Escort role is that you will also need to be reliable and consistent, level headed and have exceptional interpersonal skills. Successful applicants will be assessed based on the following competencies: Acting with integrity, respecting others, building relationships and team working, communicating effectively, developing self and others.
Security Clearance required:
Immediate start if you are already Prison Cleared.
All applicants will be subject to the HM Prison Service Security Clearance procedure which can take up to 4 weeks this can include a Disclosure Baring Service (DBS) check. You must hold a Valid Passport or Birth Certificate & Photo Driving Licence in your current address. All applicants must be able to provide details of 2 satisfactory references, at least one from an ex-employer.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. Hays EA is a trading division of Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited and acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers