Health & Safety Advisor - Manchester - Up to £36,500 + car
Your new company
I am currently working with a client based in Manchester who is looking for a Health & Safety Advisor to join the team due to growth. This organisation is one of the UK's leading commercial property management specialists and pride themselves of the level of service they deliver which results in longstanding relationships with their clients.
Your new role
You will be based out of the Manchester office and will be expected to travel as part of your role, the majority of your travel will be North West based and no longer than 2 hours from the office however, you must be flexible with this in line with business requirements.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the development, implementation and management of H&S policies and procedures
- Provide H&S advice and support to all operational employees including those based at properties under the company's management.
- Assist with the development and delivery of H&S training to employees.
- Provide assistance and support with use of the Health & Safety databases and electronic management systems.
- Undertake site specific risk assessments/audits.
- Assist with maintaining ISO:45001
- Respond to and investigate Health and Safety incidents, where necessary, including relevant escalations and liaison with external authorities.
- Undertake the role as appointed person for Fire Warden and First Aider for the regional office.
- Keep up to date with industry best Health & Safety practices and to deliver recommendations relevant to new legislation.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this role you must have previous experience within a Health & Safety role, ideally within facilities or property management, along with extensive knowledge within H&S. You will ideally be working towards CMIOSH and a fire qualification is extremely desirable.
What you'll get in return
This is a full time, permanent position offering a salary of up to £36,500 depending on experience plus company car. 22 days holiday plus bank holidays and an annual, discretionary bonus.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.