Senior Building Surveyor
You will be a Senior Professional responsible for managing building surveying commissions, including surveys, dilapidation advice, party wall advice, construction projects for new builds, renovations & maintenance works.
Your Key qualifications: RICS
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Supporting Business Unit Directors.
- Engaging with Customers.
- Delivering high quality services & ensuring that building surveying deliverables meet requirements.
- Managing projects to deliver high quality services & deliverables in accordance with the business procedures.
- Managing building surveying commissions, including surveys, dilapidation advice, party wall advice, and construction projects for new builds, renovations & maintenance works.
- Preparing & managing planned maintenance programmes.
- Quality monitoring of projects.
- Planning service delivery in conjunction with the Director with overall responsibility for the project.
- Agreeing with the Director & Client the right sub-consultants to assist with delivery of a commission. Following the approved procedures for appointing Sub Consultants.
- Communicating with & providing professional advice to both Clients & other project team members.
- Ensuring that all quantitative & financial information has been independently checked before issue.
- Remaining in the remit of your role & when additional responsibilities need to be carried out, conduct this in a fully informed manner with the approval of your Line Manager.
- Producing & presenting reports to Customers.
he Knowledge, Skills and Experience you will require:
- Sound building surveying experience post RICS qualification.
- Knowledge & experience of building surveying tasks
- Cohesive knowledge of construction methods & materials.
- Thorough knowledge of construction procurement strategies, including tendering & contract strategies.
- Ability to administer construction contracts as Contract Administrator & Employer's Agent.
- An understanding of legislation impacting on building contracts.
- Communication skills.
- Organisational skills & the ability to adapt to changes.
- Ability to absorb complex information & assess requirements readily.
- Excellent problem solving, negotiating, financial management & numeracy
- ICT skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team
You will also need to be:
- Performance Led
- People Focused
- Able to mentor and coach employees.
- Able to prepare bids for services.
- Able to manage service delivery for profit.
- Advise on any issues that have arisen.
- Identifying new business development opportunities & drive growth.