Permanent Groundworks Foreman / Manager job, east midlands civils and build, competitive salary + package
Your new company
You will be working for an established civils and build contractor that have a regional office in Derby. The organisation undertake both commercial and residential build projects across the region. They are now seeking a specialist groundworks foreman / manager to join their operational team on a permanent basis.
Your new role
* Reporting to the Contracts Manager you will be responsible for the construction site, including sub-contractors, health and safety of personnel, quality and workmanship of labour.
* Responsible for the overall management and day to day running of groundworks operations/up to slab.
* Designing the short-term construction and scheduling programme to maximise efficiency and ensure completion is in accordance with the schedule.
* Management responsibilities for all Health and Safety policies and procedure.
* Management of sub -contractors, managing our teams, dealing with any issues as and when required.
* Working collaboratively with site engineer to ensure that line and level is provided in a timely manner
* Quality management of all substructure works including drainage, foundations, roads etc.
* Responsible for all document control as an integral part of the project control
* Maintain the Integrated Management System (IMS), policies and procedures.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful you will be able to evidence a strong understanding of groundworks, particularly within the residential sector. You will hold a CSCS card and show excellent initiative. You will hold a full UK driving license and be willing to be based on sites around the East Midlands.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary and package alongside the opportunity to work with an established contractor.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.