Legal Disrepair Surveyor
Our client is a public sector organisation based out of Hertfordshire, who are keen to meet experienced Disrepair Surveyors to work as part of the repairs team on a contractual basis. Currently they are facing a large number of cases and would need someone who is familiar with the latest legislation "fitness for human habitation" to take on this opportunity. The team is friendly and the location is easily commutable from surrounding areas of London, they also promote great work life balance with a flexible hybrid working policy.
You will be managing the day to day technical aspects of disrepair work, carrying out detailed inspections and producing survey reports as well as:
- Issue works to DLO/Contractors as necessary
- Post inspect/sign off completed works
- Act as expert witness and provide evidence as required
- May involve supervision of a Caretaking operative
- Report to the Repairs Manager
Successful candidates will need to have experience of working on disrepair cases from inception to handover, if you have experience of being an expert witness on behalf of the organisations that would be beneficial, but it's not essential;
- Experience of working with housing providers
- Minimum 5 years post qualification experience
- Relevant technical qualification e.g. MRICS (Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors) or MCIOB (Member of the Chartered Institute of Building)
This role offers competitive hourly rate, accessible location with flexible hybrid working.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.