Interim Project Manager – Minor Works (x3)
Public Sector Education - South East
- 6 month initial contract
- Flexible hybrid working pattern
- PAYE: Circa £300 Per Day
- UMB: Circa £400 Per Day
About the client
On behalf of a University, MRG Interim Executives are currently recruiting 3 Interim Project Managers to help manage the refurbishment and reconfiguration projects and strategic maintenance and compliance projects.
Working within the University’s Estates & Facilities team and supporting the Senior Project Manager, core accountabilities include: -
- Management of new construction projects, non-routine maintenance, and statutory compliance projects ranging in value between £3,000 to £1,000,000
- Management of design consultants and contractors
- Ensuring Health and Safety risks and issues are effectively managed
- Undertake feasibility studies and prepare detailed project briefs
- Assist with financial management of projects including budget planning
- Responsible for ensuring environmental issues are considered
- Management of internal and external relationships including occupiers of buildings, faculty staff, capital projects team, maintenance teams, local consultants and contractors, in-house mechanical and electrical design engineers, health and safety practitioners among others
- Degree or appropriate construction related professional qualification
- Experience in carrying out feasibility studies and preparing detailed project briefs
- Experience managing construction and refurbishment projects in occupied premises
- Experience managing contractors and consultants
- Experience managing project budgets, cost control and reporting
- Ideally you will have appropriate project management training such as PRINCE2 or APM
What to do now
For a confidential discussion, please contact the retained recruitment advisor handling this assignment – Edward Kaye (Edward.Kaye@mrgpeople.co.uk) of The Management Recruitment Group on 07779 412 380.
Applications should consist of a CV and a supporting statement.
This is an urgent post and is open until filled.
Equality & Diversity Statement
MRG Interim Executives shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidate/temporary worker is submitted for a vacancy or assignment, or in any terms of employment or terms of engagement for temporary workers. MRG Interim Executives will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with the candidate’s merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required by the particular vacancy.