We’re delighted to be partnering with one of the UK’s largest residential landlords (private & affordable) in finding a Development Manager to be part of sourcing, evaluating and executing, new & existing BTR opportunities as their portfolio continues to grow. Based in C.London, your principled role will:
- Work with acquisitions on transacting new Build to Rent opportunities
- Post purchase undertake development manage/monitor development phase of scheme including fit out works.
- Working with Main Contractors, Developers, External and Internal Stakeholders.
- Facilitate orderly transition of completed development to the Asset Management team and other internal stakeholders.
- RICS qualified preferred (but not essential)
- Minimum BSc (Hons) or MSc in Surveying disciplines, Architecture or Construction Project / Management
- PRS/BTR experience preferably (UK based)
- Working knowledge (c4/5 years) of building regulations, technical building specifications, planning application processes, construction (JCT Form of contract)
- Working knowledge of Argus Developer (Preferred – not essential)
- Experience working with stakeholders and council officials on complex planning requirements
- Interest in design, space planning and interiors
- Computer literate with a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Excel packages
- UK Driving licence holder – sites are throughout the UK up to Midlands’ areas (some travel to be expected)
The ideal candidate would be a UK trained Project Manager (consultancy or client side) with technical experience of delivering or in the delivery of, new build construction projects, ideally multi-unit residential schemes.The post would suit someone who is either newly qualified, capable of managing JCT led projects (under £15m) independently or a competent assistant seeking more support in conjunction with their ongoing APC requirements. Assistant grade candidates must have a minimum of 2 years, professional and some relevant experience, post graduation.
Starting salary offered is to c£55-60k basic (less for Assistant grade) + 10% Pension, 10-15% Bonus, BUPA, Healthcare insurance, 25 days annual leave + Christmas break
At mjhr it’s simple. Outstanding client relations and recruitment expertise, choose the experts… we make things happen. If you have the necessary skills to meet this specification, drop us a line for a confidential chat on 0207 932 0090