- Hays Building
- London, Ilford
- £50000.00 - £57000.00 per annum
- Closing date
- 7 Jul 2022
- Job position
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Function
Your new company
A well established FM provider, with a core focus on helping partners achieve strategic goals and create amazing environments. With a broad customer base encompassing a range of blue-chip private and public sector organisations, we understand each of our clients unique needs. The 'Science of Service' captures their approach, which supports every customer to be exceptional, every day.
Your new role
The role will be to provide technical support and guidance to the hard service teams. This will involve overseeing all activities for technical suitability, statutory and contractual compliance. Ensuring that all the PPM and Reactive works are completed within the correct time scales to ensure we achieve our SLA's and that all the documentation is correctly always filled and available.
- To provide technical support to the in-house hard service team.
- Ensure all PPM are completed within the correct time frames and any additional or follow up remedial works are completed within a timely manner.
- Maintaining accurate estates records and logs, updating, and recording all status of all activities undertaken to all systems, equipment, and statutory / regulatory compliance requirements.
- Be responsible for the upkeep of records for keys and access codes for the whole site.
- To have a good understanding of plans and be able to undertake new works and small projects as required.
- To liaise with external specialist subcontracted service providers, such as, water hygiene, lift, statutory Inspections, fire alarm, nurse call, pneumatic tube system, security systems, CCTV, access control, eye bolts, LV/HV systems, chillers etc. To co-ordinate their work, standard of workmanship, correctly completed paperwork/records and ensure minimum disruption is caused to client/public.
- Post holder will be required to form part of an out of hours call out support rota, along with other members of the Estates team. The post holder will co-ordinate and manage the roster to always ensure full coverage including the management of absence and holiday cover to rosters as required.
- To write out accurate job description for craftsmen/engineers to carry out their work.
- You will be required to ensure adherence by all staff to company policies and procedures including absence, performance, safe systems of work etc and to report any discrepancies.
- Undertaking of all ppm in accordance with industry best practise, British Standards, Health Technical Memorandums, manufacturer's recommendations, standard working practises, thus ensuring that all equipment / systems operate safely, effectively, and as far as reasonably practical without interruption.
- Familiarise with all emergency plans and procedures, ensure understanding of, and comply with same. Work to periodically develop and improve all such plans/procedures to enhance service delivery and improve safety.
- Provide timely information to the Head of Hard FM to ensure that all required reports and standards are achieved and produced on time and carry out the general administration of records and documentations within his/her section.
- Quality audits for PPM/reactive works and responsible to produce management information regarding key performance indicators.
- Provide technical support to all operational staff and responsible for delivering toolbox talks.
- Review and sign off completed jobs for both in house and subcontractor staff. Reviewing sub-contractors report sheets for additional/ remedial works. Reviewing and signing off invoices for payment.
- This job description is subject to change in accordance with organisational and service development and will be regularly reviewed with the post-holder.
- To be put forward for various AP duties onsite and carry out duties in accordance with HTMs.
What you'll need to succeed
- Recognised and registered EITB or CITB apprenticeship
- City & Guilds equivalent qualification in engineering
- Relevant evidence of competency for H&S
- Previous equivalent work experience in a related role. Experience of managing an in house multi skilled team of operatives
- Understanding / awareness of relevant statutory, regulatory, and Legal H&S requirements
- A good understanding of a building services mechanical systems and the ability to demonstrate their operation
- A good understanding and knowledge of other disciplines mainly Electrical
- Good administrator. Commercial awareness
- May need to organise own and others work in accordance with client/line manager requirements
- Can work in a proactive manner with a minimum of direct supervision
- Must be able to communicate, motivate, control, organise and manage staff
- Ability to work safely alone / unsupervised
- Ability to remain calm in emergency situations
What you'll get in return
Salary of £50,000 - £57,000 + Benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Hays Construction and Property consultants have unparalleled recruiting expertise and an in-depth knowledge of the UK jobs market.
We are fully committed to finding job seekers the right job for the right reason. We place building specialists into every kind of position, including building, construction, architectural, project management, surveying and engineering jobs.
Our expert consultants offer a personalised recruitment service and will give you careers advice to ensure that you achieve your work ambitions.
Visit hays.co.uk for more information.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert