Your new company
A well established FM provider, with a core focus on helping partners achieve strategic goals and create amazing environments. With a broad customer base encompassing a range of blue-chip private and public sector organisations, we understand each of our clients unique needs. The 'Science of Service' captures their approach, which supports every customer to be exceptional, every day.
Your new role
The role will be to provide technical support and guidance to the hard service teams. This will involve overseeing all activities for technical suitability, statutory and contractual compliance. Ensuring that all the PPM and Reactive works are completed within the correct time scales to ensure we achieve our SLA's and that all the documentation is correctly always filled and available.
- To provide technical support to the in-house hard service team.
- Ensure all PPM are completed within the correct time frames and any additional or follow up remedial works are completed within a timely manner.
- Maintaining accurate estates records and logs, updating, and recording all status of all activities undertaken to all systems, equipment, and statutory / regulatory compliance requirements.
- Be responsible for the upkeep of records for keys and access codes for the whole site.
- To have a good understanding of plans and be able to undertake new works and small projects as required.
- To liaise with external specialist subcontracted service providers, such as, water hygiene, lift, statutory Inspections, fire alarm, nurse call, pneumatic tube system, security systems, CCTV, access control, eye bolts, LV/HV systems, chillers etc. To co-ordinate their work, standard of workmanship, correctly completed paperwork/records and ensure minimum disruption is caused to staff and patients of the Hospital.
- Post holder will be required to form part of an out of hours call out support rota, along with other members of the Estates team. The post holder will co-ordinate and manage the roster to always ensure full coverage including the management of absence and holiday cover to rosters as required.
- To write out accurate job description for craftsmen/engineers to carry out their work.
- Undertaking of all ppm in accordance with industry best practise, British Standards, Health Technical Memorandums, manufacturer's recommendations, and Interserve standard working practises, thus ensuring that all equipment / systems operate safely, effectively, and as far as reasonably practical without interruption.
- Familiarise with all emergency plans and procedures, ensure understanding of, and comply with same. Work to periodically develop and improve all such plans/procedures to enhance service delivery and improve safety.
- Provide timely information to the Head of Hard FM to ensure that all required reports and standards are achieved and produced on time and carry out the general administration of records and documentations within his/her section.
- Quality audits for PPM/reactive works and responsible to produce management information regarding key performance indicators.
- Provide technical support to all operational staff and responsible for delivering toolbox talks.
- Review and sign off completed jobs for both in house and subcontractor staff. Reviewing sub-contractors report sheets for additional/ remedial works. Reviewing and signing off invoices for payment.
- To be put forward for various AP duties onsite and carry out duties in accordance with HTMs.
What you'll need to succeed
- Recognised and registered EITB or CITB apprenticeship
- City & Guilds equivalent qualification in engineering
- Relevant evidence of competency for H&S
- Previous equivalent work experience in a related role. Experience of managing an in house multi skilled team of operatives
- Understanding / awareness of relevant statutory, regulatory, and Legal H&S requirements
- A good understanding of a building services mechanical systems and the ability to demonstrate their operation
- A good understanding and knowledge of other disciplines mainly Electrical
- May need to organise own and others work in accordance with client/line manager requirements
- Can work in a proactive manner with a minimum of direct supervision
- Must be computer literate with email, excel and word packages
- Must be able to communicate, motivate, control, organise and manage staff
- Ability to work safely alone / unsupervised
- Ability to remain calm in emergency situations
- Applicants must demonstrate a flexible approach, which is essential to effectively undertake the requirements of this post
What you'll get in return
Salary of £50,000 - £57,000 + Benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.